Yeah this is me…on day shift. And since it’s Tuesday, it must be Random Tuesday: Work Edition! And I just know you’re just dying to know if there was any difference in the ratchet level. SO without further ado…
- 5:15 am: My alarm goes off. Strangely, I am wide awake at just that moment.
- 6:00am: Lunch fixed, coffee in hand off to work I go.
- 7:00am: Receive dirty looks for former night shift co workers. Don’t give a shit…..
- 8:30am: First delivery of the day…no prenatal care, didn’t tell anyone but the boyfriend, family in shock…I can do this……
- 1045am: A blood curling scream…..And a patient is rolling down the hall with a head hanging out….
- 1:00 pm: There is some kind of going away party complete with catered food…..wow. Lunch…that hasn’t happened in a while….
- 3:00 pm: New patient…can you say Love and Hip Hop…for REAL???? Ratchet. But since it’s 3 in the afternoon and not 3 in the morning, the ratchetness just rolls off of my back and I laugh with them…
- 4:00 pm: Stat C Section…they get in, the baby’s arm is already coming out of the uterus before they cut it.
- 5:45 pm: Realize that my shift is almost over…do a happy dance
- 7:20 pm: Give report. Deal with more side eyes and comments from night shift….Haters….
- 8:00 pm: Pull in my garage…Hear Pookah screaming my name….
- 9:30 pm: Pookah is asleep…realize that I have extra energy…go molest CDub…..
- 11:00 pm Clean up the carnage left by my two menfolks while I was at work.
- 11:45 pm: Finish checking facebook, twitter, emails, etc to see what all I missed…
- 12:00am: Coffee maker set, alarm set, to bed…….
I felt GOOD all day long.
This is the life………