Thank you to Blue Apron for sponsoring this post! I have been compensated through the SheSavvy Influence Network. All opinions of course, are my own.
Every Saturday Afternoon, or Sunday Morning, I go grocery shopping. It.Is.A.Time.Suck.
Listen..if I could get back those hours: my never-ending to-do list just might be manageable. And then COOKING all of those meals during the week while working, moming, blogging etc….
Where is the WINE????
So when Blue Apron reached out to me about trying out their meal delivery service, I jumped on the chance.
Blue Apron has partnered with over 150 farms to deliver fresh, high-quality food directly from farm to your kitchen.
Each plan sends you 3 full meals for the week. You have two options…
The 2 person plan:
- Consists of 3 recipes perfectly portioned for 2 people, and is delivered to you once a week
- The price per serving is $9.99 a meal, or $59.94 for the entire 6-serving delivery. Shipping is always free.
The Family Plan:
- The Family Plan is portioned to feed a family of four.
- Depending on the plan you choose, you’ll receive either 2 recipes or all 4 recipes created for that week.
- The price per serving is $8.74 a meal, or $69.92 for the entire 8-serving delivery. Shipping is always free.
I decided to go with the 2 person meal plan because Blue Apron cannot accommodate food allergies at this time due to all of their boxes being assembled at the same processing facility.
This was fine since this was a week where C Dub decided to grill everything in sight! Pookah had plenty of leftovers to sustain him and Pizza of course.
The box arrived on a Friday and I immediately took stock of everything we had and plotted when the meals would get cooked.
Blue Apron has partnered with over 150 farms to deliver fresh, high-quality food directly from farm to your kitchen. I loved that each meal was pre-portioned almost perfectly so that we were not left with a bunch of extra food at the end of the week. And it was more than enough food in each portion.
The 3 meals a week worked perfectly for us. And each meal was quick, easy and came with detailed instructions. I was at first concerned that I would have time to cook these on a weeknight ( you know, in between work, picking the kid up, homework, work…) but the recipes were easy to prep and put together and didn’t take long to cook!
And they were surprisingly good!!
I admit, when I first saw the black spaghetti, I was like….ummm LOL
But it was by far my favorite meal of the week.
So would I do it again?
- I love the idea of not having to do major grocery shopping.
- All the ingredients were fresh and each recipe came with easy to follow instructions.
- The food was delicious and we got to try things we would never have tried on our own.
- It was only 3 meals. I’m lazy… I wanted 5 meals.
- I still ended up preparing a few extra meals for Pookah due to the food allergy.
- No seconds. While good for my waist line…um this was DELICIOUS! I wanted more!
SO yes, I would do this again. Especially this summer since it looks like it will be just C-Dub and I for a few weeks this summer while Pookah goes to visit Grandma. This would be perfect for us. And if they ever provide Gluten Free Options….WE ARE ON IT for the family plan!
If you would like to sign up and try out Blue Apron, do so and you will get $30 off your first delivery!
Thank you again to Blue Apron for sponsoring this post! I have been compensated through the SheSavvy Influence Network. All opinions, of course, are my own.
Get Everyday Eyecandy in Your Inbox
Subscribe to get our latest content by email every week.