My random thoughts seem to be a bit political this week, so bear with me…..
- These Mommy wars on Twitter have got to stop. Really. Is this high school? Aren’t we all grown women? I always looked at the blogging community as a supportive one. Yes, we have different opinions on how to raise our kids, but in the end, we are all MOMS. We all have our kids best interests at heart. I see the point of both sides of the story.( Don’t you hate it when friends argue?) And that’s all I have to say about that( in my Forrest Gump voice).
- Tiger and Elin got a divorce. Thank God! I hope she got paid. Now Tiger can get back to sleeping with all the low class bimbos he wants. Maybe his golf game will improve.
- Paris Hilton got arrested on charges of cocaine possession……*crickets*. And why is this news???????
- Sunday was the 5th anniversary of Hurricane Katrina. I watched all the specials, newscasts etc. C-Dub asked me why I was watching it AGAIN? Wasn’t I tired of seeing the same images over and over, year after year? Wasn’t it enough the first time? No. I like to be reminded every year how the government treated/mistreated my fellow Americans that week following Katrina. I want to be reminded that there is still classism and racism in America. I want everyone else to be reminded too. How else can we work towards fixing it? This is still America’s dirty little secret. It’s not all the land of the free and the home of the brave.
- And on that note, how can we try to block a religious group from building a place of worship in a country that was founded on religious freedom? Have we forgotten our history? Has we forgotten why a lot of people came to this country? Religious freedom! Yes, it may be in bad taste to build a mosque so close to Ground Zero, but once again, this is America. Land of the free, home of the brave……
- Glenn Beck. Yeah right, you didn’t know it was the anniversary of The March on Washington? I’ll believe that when pigs fly. And if you wanted to make your rally have more clout, why did you invite Sarah Palin? I mean really?
- And finally, this isn’t a random thought but..I know a lot of people won’t agree with ANYTHING I’ve written in this post. You might even stop reading my blog. But I’m in a mood today. Just remember, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one.
Get a FREE EBook!
When you sign up for our newsletter. Get tips, ideas and eyecandy right in your inbox!