And without further ado, this week’s random thoughts…..
- Teen Mom. You know, it started off sort of documentary style showing how these teens lives have changed drastically because of the choices that they had made. It showed how a child having a child is life changing. But somehow along the way, it became sensationalized. Even RELAITY shows are NOT REALITY! I see way too many teen moms at work in Labor and Delivery and it is NOT glamorous. Oh yeah, it’s cute when you’re pregnant and buying cute clothes and having a baby shower, and your baby daddy is there for “support”. But when the baby gets here, reality sets in. It cries, it’s hungry and the baby daddy is gone. And when did it become OK to put teen Moms on the cover of magazines? MTV, People magazine, US Weekly, The Today Show and everyone else needs to take the spotlight off of thesekids. They need to STOP glamorizing this lifestyle! OK……I can get off my soap box now.
- I’m starting to think of Christmas gifts for myself( yes, I buy myself a Christimas gift). What would you buy, a Kindle or a Nook? Hmmmmmmmm
- Remember the woman in Vancouver, Washington who claimed that a black woman just came up to her and threw acid on her face? Yeah, turns out she did it to herself. First off, who puts acid on their own face? WTH? Secondly, why do these women keep blaming “black” women/men when something bad happens? SMH
- Lindsey Lohan……….AGAIN?
- A co-worker told me that her 12 year old went to get a bikini wax. WTH? When did 12 year olds start needing bikini waxes? When I probed her further, this child(yes she is still a child) gets her eyebrows waxed, shaves her legs, and gets a her nails(acrylics) and toes done. This 12 year old is more groomed than I am. I was amazed and astounded until I read this article on MSNBC. She’s not the only one. Am I the only one who finds something wrong with this?
- And finally, will you watch Bristol Palin and David “The Hoff” Hasselhoff on Dancing With the Stars this season?????? Do you care? I don’t, but admit that while channel surfing, I might tune in a couple of times just because……
Stay tuned for next week’s episode…….
Join Our Newsletter
Join to get the latest eyecandy, tips and resources in your inbox