A few random things:
1. This one’s for Veronica over at Crunchy VT Mommy:
The Duggars. 12 of the 19 have chicken pox at the same time. Wow. Now, I’m all for “it’s your body, do what you like” But 19 kids? And she keeps talking about she would be open to more????? What’s wrong with this woman?? How can they afford it? How can her body afford it? I mean, as a L&D nurse, I’ve seen women having 10, 11, 12 children. But usually by then, they have signed the papers to get their tubes tied or we are doing some emergency hysterectomy because their uterus’ are just TIRED. But THIS woman????? Lord. I know I’ll be unpopular for saying it, but she really needs to enjoy the kids she has and move on!
2. I’m tired of my hair. This going natural shit is for the birds. It costs more to keep up my “natural” hair than it did to get a relaxer! I met a woman today while out eating with the fam. Her weave was fab. I asked her where she got it done, and got the number. I might be calling and have long flowing STRAIGHT hair by next week.
3. I’m tired of my finances. We are barely getting by. I paid the mortgage(on the 15th!) and now, we have enough for groceries and gas until Friday when I get paid. I need to work more than part time, but C-Dub can’t leave work early any more than he already does. So working more than two days a week won’t work. For him. Unless I work on the weekends? But then, when will I get to spend time with him? I’m calling the mortgage company, I need some options. And looking for another job while I’m at it. He’ll have to deal with it. Somehow.
4. I’m tired of my weight. But I like to eat. Sweets. Mainly Ben and Jerry’s Americone Ice Cream. And McDonald’s french fries. Reducing calories causes my milk supply to go waaaay down, and I’m struggling as it is! Sooo…..I can’t wait to stop breastfeeding so I can go on a diet. Yeah, I said it!
5. The 5th anniversary of Katrina is this week. New Orleans is still a wreck. Why is that?
6. Dr Laura. I know you don’t understand. Enjoy your retirement.
7. A woman here in Georgia got charged an extra $5 fee at the nail salon because she was overweight. Seriously?????And when she protested and went to the news, the manager refunded her $5 but admits whispering in her ear “I’m sorry. Next time I cannot take you.”
And that my friends are my random thoughts for today. Stay tuned for next weeks episode…..
Join Our Newsletter
Join to get the latest eyecandy, tips and resources in your inbox