This post is a rant. Just so you know……
I know you’ve seen them.
Hell, you might even be one of them.
Those “perfect” bloggers:
- The Perfect blog: posts everyday, perfectly written, with thousands of readers who hang on to their every word.
- Blogs filled with Perfectly exposed, Perfectly photo shopped, Perfectly clean and happy homeschooled, clean eating children. ( Because on top of this, you cook a homecooked meal EVERYday. You even plan your meals out 3 months in advance!)
- There is always a happily Perfect husband who “supports everything I do.”( And he’s gorgeous too.)
- Perfect kids who always obey, always look great in photos, and are just plain Perfect.
- Life is Perfect and everyone is happy happy happy.
Who are these women? Stepford bloggers??
I’m always looking for new blogs to read and follow and I KEEP coming across these type of blogs. Why do they have such large followings? I ask myself.
Why do we as fellow bloggers follow perfection in mass? Why do we read over and over how perfect someone is, how perfect their life is every day day in day out?
Is it an escape? Do we read for tips? The fantasy? Wishing we were like them?
I must say, to me, it’s boring. And annoying as hell.
Annoying because as I get into trying to make a little bit( just a little bit) of cash from my blog here, I notice that all of the opportuities and sponsherships and reviews go to these bloggers. How is a normal small REAL blog like me to compete?
Is it that we don’t want to read real? That the fantasy of a mom out there doing it all is what we want to read? What brands want to read?
I don’t know about you, but I kind of like reading about people’s imperfections. I like reading about tips for organizational skills and recipes and parenting ideas too. But I want REAL life experience too. Maybe because it helps me see that others are human. Just Like Me.
Get a FREE EBook!
When you sign up for our newsletter. Get tips, ideas and eyecandy right in your inbox!