Good Tuesday Morning!
As you know by now, I ran the Atlanta Peachtree Road Race yesterday! So my random Tuesday is all about it!
- Waking up at 5 am after you have slept 4 hours to run a 10k might not be a good thing.
- And getting to said race about 15 minutes before you are supposed to start might not be a good thing either.
- This race had waaaaay too many people in tutu’s, speedos, booty shorts and too tight clothing.
- And we’re off…..I struggled the first mile. I thought I was gone die!
- I got my second wind somewhere around a church where a priest was throwing holy water on folks and saying “God Bless You”. Hmmmmmm
- I was doing fine until we hit that hill………….Cardiac Hill. I lost my mojo somewhere around there and wheezed slowly uphill.
- I must say, my running by now was more like shuffling than running, but I KEPT MOVING.
- By the time I finally reached 10th street, I was DYING. Wheezing is not the word.
- But the finish line was in sight!!!!!!!!!
- As I passed Jason’s Deli and and saw that first entrance to the park, I knew I was almost done, and suddenly a burst of adrenaline came to me.
- And I ran across that finish line just like I planned! And thankfully did not need medical attention. 🙂
- My official time was 1hour 42 minutes and 15 seconds. Not bad for my first race/10K EVER. My goal for next year is to do it again….is less time. maybe in under an hour…maybe.
- C-Dub finished before me of course. But only by 5 minutes. HA
So, I did it. I ran the Peachtree. But really, I’ve got to do better next time. It was FUN! I love people watching and actually getting to see Peachtree Street from a different point of view. There was a ninety year old man who had on a t shirt that said “I’m ninety and I just passed you!”. Thank God I was ahead of him!! LOL I am sore today in places I had no idea could be sore, but other than that, I feel good!! See you next year Peachtree!