Happy Cinco De Mayo! I've got a lot of thoughts that don't make one big post so here we go…….
- I'm fat. Or rather, I'm feeling fat. My eating habits have gotten out of control again and my favorite pants are too tight. Since I refuse to buy clothes a size bigger, its time for me to loose weight. I got on the scale and was DEVASTATED. It was bad. So bad. And no I'm not going to post the number. Nope. I will say however that I started the 10 day green smoothie cleanse that everyone I know is on or is trying. I'm on day 6. It's not as bad as I thought. I'm down 6 pounds( a pound a day) but my fear is: how long can this last? That's where a new way eating comes in.
- I also gave up coffee 6 days ago too. Not permanently ( ummm nooooo). But I started to feel like I was dependent on coffee. So I wanted to prove to myself that I could go 2 weeks without it. 6 days in and I am proud to say it's been a lot easier than I thought after the first two days. I'll go back to it of course. But not as hard as I was.
- Pookah's allergies are getting better. I think the worst of it has passed. He went to the dr on Friday and got a new medicine for his eyes. It seems to be working. Hopefully the trees can calm down so my child can enjoy what's left of the spring.
- T-ball is hilarious. Some of these parents really think this is the major leagues! But Saturday, we all discovered that Pookah is really good in the outfield. He caught two balls and got two folks out. AND he got a hit. Maaaaaan. The other team's coaches kept saying, who is #8? We need him on our team. And the commissioner of the league was watching the game and he wants Pookah to be on his all star team. SMH I don't know why I'm so surprised! #proudmama
- I applied for a job and went on an interview last week back at the hospital. At another Labor and Delivery. But after the interview, I realized that quality of life is worth more to me than only working 3 days a week and a bit more money. Because bedside nursing is a lifestyle that I really have no desire to go back to. And it's funny that it took me actually going on the interview and getting the job to realize that. Naw. Not now. I like lunch( maybe a little too much) and I like knowing I have the weekends and holidays off. So that is that.
That's all the random thoughts I've got today. I'll leave you with a not so random photo. I can't ever walk past a sunflower in the store. It's so hard. I usually pick up flowers all the time for my macro work. I have tons of photos that I never post. But I love sunflowers.
What's going on in your world this week?