Husbands. I am in constant awe and confusion of mine. He makes me so angry sometimes. Yesterday, he stated that I had been mean to him. That I talked to him like a child. Worse than Pookah. Well. He said he didn’t get any respect. Before i thought ( and you do have to think before speaking when married) I said, well respect has to be earned. Ding. Wrong answer. The look on his face told me so. I was immediately sorry that I had but words to the feeling that has been engulfing me for the past few weeks. I feel unwanted, used, a doormat, a maid, a cook. Not a wife. And this has nothing to do with sex. I just don’t feel appreciated. I think it started with a simple trash can incident that I don’t have time to go into right now. He came out of his mouth wrong. Disrespectful, like he was talking to a child. Funny that he says the same thing about me. I don’t think I treat him like a child. I think I do respect him. But he needs to do more to earn it. He just walks around so entitled. So, I work every day and you sit around and do nothing. So you only work 3 days a week and you get to send Pookah to daycare. Whatever. No matter how many times I try to explain, he never gets what I do. He never gets that being a mom, a wife and a nurse works night shift is hard.
This was my 5 minute Stream of Consciousness Sunday post. It’s five minutes of your time and a brain dump. Want to try it? Here are the rules…
- Set a timer and write for 5 minutes only.
- Write an intro to the post if you want but don’t edit the post. No proofreading or spellchecking. This is writing in the raw.
- Publish it somewhere. Anywhere. The back door to your blog if you want. But make it accessible.
- Add the Stream of Consciousness Sunday badge to your post.
- Link up your post at allthingsfadra.com
- Visit your fellow bloggers and show some love.
Get a FREE EBook!
When you sign up for our newsletter. Get tips, ideas and eyecandy right in your inbox!