Follow Me!


The End….

Happy New Year Everyone!!!

My hiatus was a little longer than I expected, but I have honestly barely had any time at all to myself. 

A lot has been happening, so I guess I’ll start at the End of the year and move from there.  I’ll even have to divide it up into categories! So this is going to be a longish sort of post.  Divided into two parts….


So.  I had the MRI and the Voiding Cystogram and a Cystoscopy.  All to find out that I have what they call a Urethral Diverticulum.  Basically my urethra is falling through the muscle into my vagina.  Yeah.  Uhh huh.  Stop for a moment and try to imagine that………

So, I have to have surgery to fix it.  Surgery that will effectively put my out of commission for 6 long weeks starting in February.  February 8th to be exact.  It’s a blow because I was JUST gearing up to enjoy my new earning potential.  Now.  I will be on short term disability during those 6 weeks which only gives me 60% of my pay for that time.


Pookah is going to have to go to daycare full time for at least a week after I have my surgery.  I’ll be hospitalized at least overnight and I am not sure how the recovery will go yet. 

My mother is going to have to come to stay for a while.  Not because C-Dub couldn’t handle taking care of Pookah, but because I’m going to need a little bit of help during the day while he is at work.

But moving on.


Sooooo.  The day before Christmas, Pookah had another allergic reaction.  The only thing new I had given him was the goldfish crackers and one of those 3rd baby food jars labeled chicken veggies and stars.  Well, one hour later, he was coughing, nose was running, lips swollen, face swollen, neck broken out in hives.  Benadryl didn’t touch him.  I called the peds office, and the nurse called him in a steroid and a jr epi pen.  The steroid worked, and I didn’t need the epi pen.  Sigh. 

Now, on to daycare.  Pookah had been transitioning to the one year old room.  That didn’t go so well.  When I picked him up one day(after just a half a day in transition) he was STARVING.  I was sooo upset.  When I took him back the next day, I found that he was now permanently in the one year old room all day after just 2 days of transition.  With no warning.  I kindly explained to the new teacher that yes, he was still on formula, and that I planned for him to be that way until the new year.  I also explained that do NOT give him goldfish or any wheat for now.  We were in the process of going to the allergist I explained.  But I made sure to emphasize to please feed him something.  If he doesn’t take the table food, please feed him baby food at least.

2pm: I get a call: “Hello Pookah’s mom.  Ms. Mary has been giving Pookah water all day because she didn’t know what milk to give him.”



It seems that once the children pass the age of 1, they do not give formula for free anymore.  (Hasn’t he been one for over a month now???) So, since I didn’t bring any, they didn’t give him any.  And of course, he didn’t eat the table food so all my child had to eat from the time I dropped him off at 9 am until 2 pm was water.


I was so mad I was shaking.  I promptly told them off, and still and to calm myself down before I went to get him.  On the way, I stopped at another daycare, thoroughly questioned them about their “transitioning” process and was more than pleased with the rational way that they approached it.  We will be enrolling him there this week.

I am still working on moving him to table food, and we are trying Lactaid Whole Milk today to see if we can get him off of formula.  Since the intolerance to the regular whole milk didn’t show up until the end of the first day, we’ll see.  I’ve started with half a bottle of formula and half a bottle of Lactaid.  Keep your fingers crossed.

My Marriage:

Seems to be imploding.  I don’t exactly know what to do about it.  We have moments of complete unity,companionship, and love.  But then there are other moments of disrespect, meaness and dislike.  I don’t know if this is normal, but I think that if I have to question it, it is not.  That’s all I’m going to say for now.  I’m deep in prayer about it for now.

Well, that’s what happened at the end of my year, stay tuned for part two to find out about the beginning……

Get a FREE EBook!

Image 7

When you sign up for our newsletter. Get tips, ideas and eyecandy right in your inbox!

Powered by ConvertKit
  • Reply
    January 4, 2011 at 1:10 pm

    Holy cow you have a lot going on. I hope your surgery in Feb goes well and recovery is quick. That sounds awful 🙁

    Pookah’s day care situation is just crazy. I can’t believe they would wait until 2pm to call you… sheesh. Glad to hear you’ll be switching to the other one.

    I have no marital advice for you but I think you’re right – if you are questioning it then it’s probably something you two should work on. I hope things get better.

    Wishing you a happy 2011 🙂
    jill recently posted..Two YearsMy Profile

  • Reply
    Quiet Dreams
    January 4, 2011 at 1:39 pm

    With all that you have going on, I’m not surprised that your marriage is feeling the stress.

    Good for you with the daycare craziness!

    During your recovery, try really hard to take it easy and not push yourself too hard.
    Quiet Dreams recently posted..give and takeMy Profile

  • Reply
    January 4, 2011 at 1:58 pm

    I’m so mad at your daycare. That just sounds dumb as all hell to me and I would have switched him as well.

    Praying for your marriage and your surgery.
    Krissy recently posted..Shes such a freakin’ lady!My Profile

  • Reply
    January 4, 2011 at 3:36 pm

    MyFriend……….DAMN your plate is full!

    I’m glad that you have a diagnosis and that it can be treated surgically. I’m praying that your surgery is successful and that recovery is swift and easy.

    I cannot believe the incompetence of ThePookah’s current daycare. I was shaking with anger just reading it, I can only imagine how you felt. I’m glad you put your foot in their asses….dumb f*@#rs messing with MyNephew!

    Marriage…..marriage is hard and noone ever tells you that. I’m so sorry that you and C-Dub are going through it. I’m praying for your guys.
    *Big Giant Hug MyFriend*
    TheMrs recently posted..Happy New Year!My Profile

  • Reply
    January 4, 2011 at 3:52 pm

    Everyone has already said what I wanted to say. You’re going through a lot, just know that you WILL get through it. We’re here to lend support in any way we can.
    preshusme recently posted..Ready for potty trainingMy Profile

  • Reply
    January 4, 2011 at 4:09 pm

    I am so sorry to hear that just when things seem to be going good something has to come up. I was also upset about that daycare situation made me mad I am glad you found another daycare and hopefully everything is working out good their. As far as marraige I thought thats how all marraiges are well at least mines is. Sometimes I love him sometimes I don’t. Everything will work out how it’s supposed too. Good luck

  • Reply
    January 4, 2011 at 4:25 pm

    (((((Hugs)))) I realized that I almost just blogged in your comments, so I deleted it all and I’ll email you. =)
    MrsTDJ recently posted..But You Love Almond Joys!My Profile

  • Reply
    Tweets that mention The End…. | My Life --
    January 4, 2011 at 4:47 pm

    […] This post was mentioned on Twitter by RosesDaughter, RosesDaughter. RosesDaughter said: The End…. […]

  • Reply
    January 5, 2011 at 6:36 pm

    I hope your surgery goes well, and i’m glad that you have someone coming down to help you, because the last thing you need is stress on top of physical issues. 🙁

    The daycare thing….I’ll start cussing, so I wont comment on that.

    The marriage thing…..I agree that it probably related to everything else that’s going on. When life gets stressful, and a lot is happening, the relationship always seems to be the first thing that goes crazy. Keep praying!
    Christina recently posted..Chicken w-SnowpeasMy Profile

Leave a Reply

CommentLuv badge