So……I had an interview today.
What you say? I didn’t know you were looking for a new job you say? Well, lets just say that most of us who work night shift at my job are looking……
So really, this job opportunity just fell in my lap. For those who don’t know, I got laid off last year when I was 7 months pregnant! (Yes, they are shit balls, and I hope they burn in hell).
So, a nurse that I worked with then, has since moved on to another office and they are looking for a nurse. Ironically, (to show you how small a world nursing is in the ATL) I would be replacing the same girl I replaced at the shit balls job. Hmmmmmm.
- It’s a typical 730 to 430 job working at a infertility clinic.
- I must say that I really loved working at the infertility clinic last time around. It was rewarding and fulfilling.
- Not to mention, it’s a day time job.
- Benefits are AWSOME
- It’s a day time job
- Pay is good. Not AWSOME but good. More than I make now.
- Did I mention that it’s a daytime job?
- Pookah would be in daycare all day everyday Monday through Friday.
- I would have to give up working only two nights a week.
- If my house can’t get clean now, how would it get clean if I was working M-F?
- How will I get anything done?????
- I’ll miss my Pookah pumkin terribly. 🙁
I thought the interview went well. I put on my happy, I’m professional, and qualified and want this job face. Even though on the inside I was thinking, if you give me the job, great. If you don’t, oh well.
You see, I’m kind of ambivalent. I want the job. But mainly because I am soooooo tired and exhausted from working nights. I just want to be home with my baby EVERY night. Oh course, in a perfect world, I wouldn’t have to work at all. But due to the horror that was 2009( my Annus Horribilis to quote Queen Elizabeth), I don’t have that option. This job would allow us not to live paycheck to paycheck. And I might actually get to catch up, and have some breathing room in the budget. Hey, I might actually have some money to get a pedicure now and then and to get the carpet shampooed by someone other than me( I really don’t do a good job). I might have energy to have sex with my husband. I might find time to be NORMAL.
Oh, I’d miss all my other mommies who are home all day, but ya’ll can’t pay my bills!!!
But hey, they haven’t even offered me the job……..yet.
Get a FREE EBook!
When you sign up for our newsletter. Get tips, ideas and eyecandy right in your inbox!