Happy Birthday to me.
Yesterday, Pookah went for his 4 month appointment.
1. Weight 17 pounds 12 oz. 25 inches long
2. He can now start solids(officially) We all agreed that Oatmeal cereal would be best considering the Pookah’s pooping issues. I’ve got a whole schedule to follow. He is also going to start juice to help with the pooping issues. 1/2 water half juice. He frowned up at the pear juice today. But I think it’s just because I was trying to give him in the bottle. He still refuses to take one from me. I think I’ll try a sippy cup.
Speaking of pooping issues, he pooped his but off after the appointment. Probably the trauma of the shots.
3. He got his shots. I made C-Dub hold him this time, and turned my back. He screamed bloody murder and it took about 20 minutes for him to calm down. 🙁
4. His head is a little flat! OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am totally freaked out! Suggestions included more tummy time, get a Bumbo and one of those exersaucers. See the picture below. She said it wasn’t bad, but that we needed to get a handle on it now before it became a problem. Also, I am supposed to keep repositioning him in the bed and making him turn his head different directions every night.
5. His eczema is getting worse, and the cradle cap is back. Ain’t that a bitch? I’m trying just straight vaseline now. And T-Gel shampoo for his scalp. it’s REALLY flaky. Tried olive oil on it too. I had eczema as a child too. I grew out of it,and just have really dry skin now. I guess he’ll take after me.
So that’s it for now.
My birthday was uneventful. I got my tags renewed, and went to Wendy’s. Wow. C-Dub got me a cute outfit and we had pizza for dinner. I am having my 8 hours of free time on Saturday along with a massage, manicure and pedicure from C-Dub. And……..a MAID SERVICE is coming to clean the WHOLE house!
Wow. Maybe he has been listening. But really, I’ll believe it all after it happens.
I would be excited about that, but I think he is just doing it because his Mama is coming in a few weeks.
Pookah has been sleeping in his crib in his room since Sunday night when I discovered he exceeded the weight limits for the pack and play. Amazingly, he is sleeping MUCH better! I mean he still wakes up, but really, he has been waking up once between 1 and 3 and then at 7 or 8. It’s been lovely to sleep in our room ALONE. IN THE DARK.
I just realized that I forgot the photo!! Here it is!
Get Everyday Eyecandy in Your Inbox
Subscribe to get our latest content by email every week.