I’m heading into day 13 of this #31WriteNow. And ummm, today I’m going to be kind of random…..
- So.I got a **Polar watch last week and Finally got to use it yesterday. I got on the elliptical at the gym and burned some calories. I was proud of myself because frankly, I haven’t been exercising regularly in about 2 months. And I’m paying for it. ( The scale and my pants told me so). But one gripe: I get that it’s more accurate than the machines. But dang it, I would have much rather had that 550 calories that the ellipcial said than the 411 that the Polar said. I guess that’s why I haven’t been loosing as much weight as I thought. Hmmmmm. But I’m on the get fit train. I even completed my fitness pal yesterday. I wasn’t trying to stay in a specific calorie range, but rather, I was just trying to see how many calories I really eat. Chile……
- Last week, this happened.
yes, I asked Maxwell a question on Instagram and he actually responded. I fainted. I passed out. I squealed with joy. SMH. I’ve been a fan of that man since his big hair days. Since his Urban Hang Suite CD. That CD came out 17 years ago….. *shakes fist at father time*
- Also, on that same day, one of the photographers I stan for, Erika Ray, followed me on Instagram. So cool.
- My job is trying to become like my old job. High stress. Well, not exactly high stress, but full of foolishness that I’m not here for would be a better description. My boss’ boss is on her back which in turn puts her on ours. But this could have all been avoided if expectations could have been set higher in the first place. SMH. But that’s ok. I’m going to sit and continue my sit down job….
- Speaking of jobs, I really want to go ahead and quit the hospital. But something keeps holding me back. Like, we have a leak in the roof, we are starting a landscaping project this week, I need a new car oh and Christmas is coming. So yeah, I’ll stick with it for now….
- Plus, I want this:**Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 Lens . I rented it last month from Aperturent and it was a dream. Must have it!!!
- I’m getting ready to go through some rebranding around here. Because this isn’t just the chronicles of Pookahs Mom anymore. And I just have something else in mind. Oh I’ll still be talking about the boy and my life, but with a different focus you might say….
- We’ve been in this house for 6 months now and I feel like we have just moved in. SMH. The new job started right after we moved in and i just haven’t had the time or energy to make this home “ours”. We need to paint. I need to put something up on these walls. I need to organize. And I need to hire a maid. Cause i just give up. Ain’t no way I can work 5 days a week and keep this big ass house like I want to.
- Pookah’s first week of Pre-K went good. His new teacher is on point. And he’s been in “thinking time” SEVERAL times. SMH. But he’s learning. And I think he likes her.
- My skin is acting like I’m 16 again. It has really lost it’s mind. I’m trying to figure out what changed. Diet? exercise? It’s a battle. SMH.
Anyhoo, that’s all I got today. Thoughts? Comments??
**this post contains affiliate links**
Get a FREE EBook!
When you sign up for our newsletter. Get tips, ideas and eyecandy right in your inbox!