The only way to get better at something is to practice. Photography is no different! In my Facebook Group, I asked what photography project everyone wanted to do next year, and overwhelmingly, most of them wanted to do The Eyecandy Project 52 again!
So it’s back!
HOW IT WORKS
The goal of The Eyecandy Project 52 is to get you used to taking photos, learn ho to use your camera, get your creative juices flowing and above all, to have fun. Along the way, with some of the prompts, you will learn a little more about photography concepts and ways document the details of your everyday life. This project will run from Tuesday to Tuesday starting Tuesday, January 1, 2019.
HOW TO GET STARTED
- Join the Everyday Eyecandy Facebook group for exclusive tips every week surrounding the prompt and for a safe community to share and learn more about photography in 2019.
- Pick up your camera ( any camera, mobile, mirrorless, point and shoot, or DSLR).
- Check in for the prompt for the week every Tuesday in the Facebook group or on my Facebook Page. Every Tuesday, I will go live with tips about the prompt of the week in the group.
- Post a new photo any time that week and post it to Instagram using the hashtag #eyecandyproject 52and/or to the Facebook group if you don’t use Instagram or want to share with the community.
- Watch your photography skills grow!
It’s that simple. At the end of the year, you will have a beautiful collection of photos of your life in 2019 that you can look back on for years to come and see how your photography has improved.
A FEW TIPS:
- Post a new (or newish) photo each week. I know some weeks you may have the perfect photo that you have already taken another week, BUT the whole point is to grow as a photographer! So TRY to post a new photo.
- BUT , if you don’t get a chance to shoot one week or are getting behind, you can always go back to a week if you need to.
- This project is for EVERYONE!! So even if you are a newbie, a pro, Have a DSLR, a mirrorless camera, a point and shoot or just your mobile phone, you can participate! The whole point is to get your creative juices flowing!\
- Don’t feel pressured to continue if you feel like this just isn’t for you! Take a break if you have to. Post only occasionally. I am happy to have you here!!
- Show your fellow participants some love!!! It makes the community grow and makes us all feel a part of the project. All of my Instagram Challenges have evolved into a little community b because everyone likes and comments on everyone’s photos! I want this to be the same! So seek out the hashtag on Instagram and check on in the Facebook group to see if there are any new posts! Don’t just link and leave!
- With that said, please post comments that are encouraging and positive. Unless someone asks for critique, don’t offer it. That person may have just gotten up the courage to post, we don’t want to discourage anyone!
- The most important thing is to have fun! I can’t wait to see all of your images this year!!
And now, the prompts for The Eyecandy Project 52
You can download the prompt by clicking the photo to save on your phone OR you can simply click here to download also.
Questons? leave a comment or hit me up on social!
Join the Everyday Project and get this Limited time FREE Ebook to help you get started taking your best photos this year and access to resources, tools and tips to help you with your photography projects this year.