I love the Fall. It's actually my favorite season. The weather cools off, the leaves change, it's time for all things pumpkin and apple, and Saturdays are for football. If you look at my Saturdays series you know that Football season has started and I am officially a football mom again! From the time we wake up on Saturdays, I hit the ground running: a quick cup of coffee, then breakfast for the hungry guys in my life, rush to find missing pads for the game and out the door! Sometimes we are there ALL DAY LONG, and by the end of it, I really need a break.
Since this is my year of making sure that I incorporate more self-care in my life, I have been taking the time for me on these busy Saturdays after these games. My favorite way to do this is curling up with a good book and a cup of Folgers® Simply Gourmet™ coffee.
I don't know about you, but I like to savor my coffee and the new Folgers® Simply Gourmet™ coffee is the perfect balance of natural flavor and coffee for a rich, satisfying taste in every delicious cup. 100% premium Arabica beans are perfectly paired and balanced with natural flavors to create seasonal recipe classics including: Natural Vanilla, Natural Cinnamon, Natural Chocolate, Natural Caramel, Natural Chocolate Raspberry and Natural Mint.
Now normally, I'm not one for flavored coffee, but Folgers Simply Gourmet coffee maintains the perfect balance of coffee to flavoring. They made sure no flavor (coffee or the flavor itself) is overpowering. And it's perfect when you want to create your favorite seasonal recipes.
These self-care moments that I allow myself on Saturday Afternoons are a part of what keep me grounded. Taking simple act of taking an hour or 2 curled up on the couch in my sitting room with a special cup of Folgers Simply Gourmet Coffee and a good book helps me to relax and regroup so that I can go on being the mom and wife that my family deserves.
Folgers has teamed up with Celebrity Chef and Food Network Personality Alex Guarnaschelli, who has used each flavor to purposefully re-craft the most popular coffee drinks and to inspire new recipes using only natural flavors that taste delicious, such as Cinnamon Pumpkin Pie Spice Lattes, Raspberry Coffee Parfaits, and Vanilla Coffee Sweet Potato Puree.
If you know me, you know I am NOT a fan of Pumpkin Spiced anything, but I tried her Cinnamon Pumpkin Spice Latte and I must say it was good! I have included the recipe below just in case you want to try it out!
- The Pumpkin spice mix:
- 1 can, about 1-1/2 cups canned pumpkin puree
- 1 cup 8 ounces whole milk sour cream
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons molasses
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon “pumpkin pie” spice
- 1-1/2 cup Folgers® Simply Gourmet™ Natural Cinnamon coffee, strongly brewed, HOT
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- Make the pumpkin pie mix: In a medium saucepan, whisk together the pumpkin, sour cream, sugar, Molasses, salt, cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice mix until thoroughly combined. Bring to a simmer over medium heat, stirring with a wooden spoon, 2-3 minutes. Transfer to a storage container. Refrigerate.
- Make the lattes: In a small saucepan, heat the milk, whisking as it heats, until it simmers and becomes foamy. (Alternatively, microwave milk until hot and whisk). Divide the hot coffee between two cups, stirring in 3-4 heaping tablespoons of the pumpkin mix until smooth. Pour half of the milk over each.
How do you practice Self Care? Which Flavor of Folgers Gourmet Coffee are you going to try? Head over to Folgers.com for more seasonal recipes!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Folgers® The opinions and text are all mine.