This post is sponsored by Welch’s® Fruit Snacks. I am being compensated for this post. All comments and opinions are my own.
Fall is our busy season. School is back in session, we have football practice during the week, football games on the weekends and swimming lessons thrown in on Sundays for something different. And don’t forget, there is homework thrown in there for good measure. We are always on the go! Some days we go straight from school to practice with no time to stop by the house. As a result, I’ve developed a list of 7 essential items that I think all busy sports moms must have to keep us sane and our kids happy. Basically, it’s my Sports Mom Survival Kit.
- Bug Spray. I don’t know about where you are, but this time of year in Georgia, we are still dealing with mosquitos and various other insects that want to bite. It’s a definite must have for the kids. I make sure to keep some to spray Pookah down before a practice or game. Since I’m sitting in the bleachers waiting, I also need bug spray so I won’t get eaten alive.
- Water: Being active is thirsty business! Usually I make Pookah drink plenty of water before and after any sports practice. I need him to stay hydrated. I also freeze the bottles in the morning so that by the end of practice, he has a cool one to drink.
- Snacks: Kids are always hungry and snacks are essential when you don’t have time to make it home for a full meal on the way to practice.
We love Welch’s Fruit Rolls because they are perfect on the go. I can easily throw a few in my bag for an on the go snack for Pookah. I even include them in his lunch sometimes.
Fruit is the first ingredient, and they have 100% daily value of vitamin C and 25% daily value of vitamins A & E. Pookah loves the way he can just unroll them and it seems like they keep going and going LOL.
And I may even include a few in the bag just for me!
- Hand Sanitizer: Because…kids. Usually we are on the go from school directly to practice so Pookah is eating his snack in the car. I feel like he needs to clean off the germs of the day before he digs into his snack. And after practice is over, it’s even more necessary. Because…little boys…
- Mini First Aid Kit: Now the team will usually take care of any big injuries, but I always keep a first aid kit stocked with band aids, antibiotic ointment, wipes, scissors and other bandages for minor injuries like a scratch or a hangnail. You never know.
- Books and notepads: FOR ME! LOL. Yes, I’m supposed to be cheering my child on, but during those long practices where they are doing drill after drill or swimming laps, my full attention is not required. I bring a distraction for myself to make the time go by. But if you have smaller kids that you have to drag along, the notepads and books are essential for keeping that child entertained. Endless games of hangman can be played as long as you have enough paper!
- Chair/Umbrella: Because not all places have bleachers and sometimes the sun can be hot! I always make sure to keep a folding chair in my car and an umbrella to keep the sun from baking me during the games.
So tell me, what’s in your sports mom survival kit? Have you tried Welch’s Fruit Rolls? Check out the Welch’s page to learn more and find some savings!
Join Our Newsletter
Join to get the latest eyecandy, tips and resources in your inbox