Next Saturday, you will be 7.
I don’t know what to do with that.
Since you are my only baby, each year, I celebrate the getting older part ( read independence) but mourn the loss of the baby in you.
But I love how now, you are
- Into football
- Obsessed with your haircut
- as in love with reading as I am
- Are starting to act “funny” around girls..sometimes..
- More articulate in expressing your opinion. ( which sometimes gets you into trouble)
- willing to try new foods ( FINALLY)
- eating me out of house and home
- learning that not all friends are good friends
- still ok with a hug from me in front of your friends
I can’t wait to see what the next year brings.
This post is part of a series I do every month called Letters to Our Children.
If you want, you can write your own letter and link up here….
Join Our Newsletter
Join to get the latest eyecandy, tips and resources in your inbox