It’s almost August and I have that itch…that itch to do a photo a day project for a month. I’ve only been successful with a 365 project ONCE, and frankly, just can’t make the commitment again at this time. That’s why I love doing photo a day projects throughout the year. They are a good way to jump-start your creativity and pick up your camera. Because you can only get better by practicing! So starting Tuesday, August 1st, I will be hosting August Eyecandy Photo a day Project over on Instagram! Join us!
How to Participate
- Simple: Just check the list every day and take a photo using the prompt as your inspiration.
- Then, share your photo on Instagram using the hashtag #augusteyecandy.
- Go through the #augusteyecandy hashtag to like and comment and be a part of the community.
- Every Friday in August, I will go through and share four photos from the hashtag that have captured my attention.
- If you need an easy way to remember the prompts, CLICK here or the photo above to download it to your computer or your phone. OR just take a screenshot and save it!
Here is an explanation of all the prompts for the August Photo A Day….
- Faceless Self Portrait: Take a photo of yourself, but don’t include your face! Be creative!
- 5 o’clock: Show us what you are doing at 5 am or 5 pm
- Summertime: Show us summertime in your neck of the woods
- On the Street: a little street photography. What do you see?
- Coffee vs Tea: Which one do you drink?
- Sunrise or Sunset: capture one!
- Childhood: show us an example of childhood
- I wish…: what do you wish for?
- Inside Your Fridge: What’s inside your fridge?
- Where You Work: show us where you spend your work day
- Black and White: take a photo and convert it into black and white. Or show us something that IS black and white
- Made You Smile: what made you smile today?
- Guilty Pleasure: what’s your guilty pleasure?
- But First…: what do you need to do first?
- Dinner: what did you have for dinner?
- Something Red: Something red!
- In Your Bag: what’s in your bag? Share!!!!
- What I read: what are you reading this month?
- Morning Light: show us that morning light where you are!
- Sunday Funday: What are you doing fun on this Sunday?
- Breakfast: What’s for breakfast?
- A Portrait: take a photo of someone
- The Sky Today: what did the sky look like? Cloudy? Sunshine?
- What You Wore: What did you wear today? Show off!
- From Above: Take a photo from a bird’s eye view
- I’m Grateful For: what are you grateful for today?
- My Favorite: show us your favorite…something…
- Out of Focus: Get creative, show an out of focus photo or bokeh!
- Everyday..: what do you do every day?
- Starts with a T: find something that starts with a T
- A selfie: Take a full on selfie! Don’t be ashamed!
I can’t wait to see everyone’s photos! Make sure you are following me on Instagram @lashawnwiltz! See you Tuesday!
Related articles across the web
Join Our Newsletter
Join to get the latest eyecandy, tips and resources in your inbox