Banana Nut Bread Overnight Oats
I’ve been on this kick to eat healthier. It’s hard!!( So many donuts, so much bacon…) But I’ve been gradually changing the way I eat one meal at a time. I don’t always make healthy choices, but I’m getting better. I’ve always been a breakfast eater, but not a HEALTHY breakfast eater. But it’s hard to cook up a healthy breakfast every morning in between getting Pookah to school and getting ready for work. I needed something quick, healthy, and good. I heard about overnight oats and I was intrigued. I did my research ( Pinterest of course) and discovered a lot of recipes but none that made me want to try. But what I did see were a lot of varieties of what has become my recipe for Banana Nut Bread Overnight Oats.Of course, my Banana Nut Bread Overnight Oats recipe is not only gluten free, but if you want to get technical, it’s vegan too!
Side note: I’m not Vegan, I’m just a weekday vegetarian.
Luckily, all of my ingredients were things that I already had in my pantry, which, let’s face it, is the hallmark of a good easy recipe.
This recipe is so so so good!
I’ve always loved banana bread and this tricks me into thinking I’m eating something I shouldn’t be in the morning. With minimal effort.
It’s so creamy, so easy, so good…..
Try it and let me know what you think!
Enjoy! I know I will!
- 1/3 Cup of Gluten Free Old Fashioned Rolled Oats
- 1 container of Soy Vanilla Yogurt
- 1 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 cup of Vanilla Almond Milk
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp of Real Maple Syrup
- 1 Banana
- Pecans for topping
- In a bowl or jar, combine the oats, yogurt, milk, chia seeds, cinnamon, maple syrup and half of the banana (mash banana before mixing).
- Stir it all together.
- Put in a mason jar and close tight. Place in refrigerator overnight so that it can thicken.
- In the morning, top with pecans and other half of the banana.
Get Everyday Eyecandy in Your Inbox
Subscribe to get our latest content by email every week.