This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Folgers. The opinions and text are all mine.
Have you ever made coffee with a French Press? No? Well, keep reading…
National Coffee Day is on Saturday and my initial plan was to go out, grab a cup of coffee at my favorite coffee shop. Then maybe come home, find a good book and a quiet random corner of my house. BUT, it’s my husband’s birthday! So I decided that I am going to share my coffee with him. I’m going to be the best wife ever and bring him breakfast AND good coffee in bed.
My son wakes up at the crack of dawn, but after he is fed, he could care less what we do while he enjoys that screen time he’s missed all week.
So it’s the perfect time for some much needed US time and adult conversation..and then I can head back to my book. LOL.
C Dub rarely drinks coffee. But every once in a while, if its good coffee, I can get him to drink some. I thought about heading out to my local coffee shop as usual, but I honestly didn’t want to leave the house. Lazy Saturday’s don’t involve driving! You know I LOVE a good coffee shop, but I’ve learned the best ways to get good quality coffee right at home.
Number one: Start with a good coffee like Folgers® Coffeehouse Blend.
The Coffeehouse Blend was created to deliver a great taste in a variety of brewing methods including cold brew coffees and using in a French Press Coffeemaker. It’s a smooth and bold medium-dark roast, is one of my favorites to use!
How to Make Coffee with a French Press:
- Add 4 Tablespoons of Folgers® Coffeehouse Blend to your French Press
- Heat 4 cups of water to your kettle or pot to boiling then let it cool for about a minute.
- Add your water to your French Press and then stir.
- Let the coffee steep for 4 minutes. You can play with the times depending on how strong you want your coffee.
- Press the plunger down slowly all the way to the bottom.
- Pour IMMEDIATELY and enjoy a perfect cup of Coffee. ( note, if you leave the coffee in the french press, the coffee will become more acidic as it cools off. Pour any leftover coffee into a thermos if you want to drink the rest later).
Since it is on a Saturday this year, National Coffee Day gives you the perfect excuse to celebrate with a quiet cup of coffee at home with loved ones. Brewing a great cup of coffee at home is a great way to spend a few quality moments with each other and to start your morning off just right. Without leaving your house! So take advantage this weekend and make a cup of Folgers coffee at home with a french press!
Have you tried to make coffee with a French Press? More importantly, did you use Folgers® Coffeehouse Blend?
Let me know what you think!