30 Daily Gratitude Journal Prompts for your journal to help you get started practicing gratefulness everyday.
This blog post contains affiliate links. Everyday Eyecandy is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
It’s almost November and gratitude season is upon us. Pracitiving gratitude is wasy when everything is going well, but what about when we have years like 2020?
Let’s face it, this has been a hard year. And I admit to having moments when all I can focus on is what I can’t do, what I can’t have and what’s not going right. Right now, that makes it so easy to focus on what we don’t have and hard to practice gratitude
But to get the benefits of practiing gratitutde, we need to practice it consistently, even when things are NOT going well.
Sometimes it’s easy to start with something simple. Like fuzzy socks on a warm day, or the fact that the baby slept through the night, or that there is one more oatmeal cream pie in the pantry.
With practice, it becomes easier to train yourself to find the positive. You will easily find things to be grateful for and you will begin to appreciate things you didn’t before. Studies show that gratitude won’t make your problems disappear, but it will make them more manageable
But again, how can you incorporate praticing gratitude into your life consistently? We know that doing something at the same time everyday helps. You can write them down as soon as you wake up, or before you go to bed at night. You can start with writing them down in your planner everyday, keep them in the notes app on your phone, try a gratitude app or, you can try a gratitude journal.
How to get started
One easy way to practice gratitude is to keep a gratitude journal. You can list or write 3-5 things that you are grateful for everyday or whatever comes to mind for you to write.
This 5 Minute Journal is one of my favorite ways to do this.
Or if you need help to get started, you can use gratitude journal prompts.
How to use gratitude journal Prompts
I’ve included these 30 gratitude journal prompts to help get you started. Sometimes, when you are just starting out, you need a push!
Everyday, use these journaling prompts to help get your brain moving towards gratitude.
Pick a time of day that you will journal the prompts.
Get yourself a new journal, a gratitude journaling app or a spot in your planner and prepare to write.
Respond to the prompt and start down the path of practicing gratitude everyday.
30 Gratitude Journal Prompts.
Ok, time to get started! Download your FREE printable of these gratitude journal prompts below…
- The best part of today was…
- What family member are you most grateful for? Why?
- today is better than one year ago today because…
- Something that helps you to relax.
- Who or What are you happy that you let go
- My favorite vacation was…because…
- What friend are you most grateful for?
- Name 3 things that always put a smile on your face.
- The best thing that happened this week.
- What do you love about your home?
- One thing I am looking forward to is…
- What do you love about your job?
- What do you love about yourself?
- The good thing about the weather today is…
- My favorite movie or TV is ….because…
- What possession makes your life easier?
- Open your phone and look at the latest photo. What do you have to be grateful about it?
- What book are you grateful for today?
- What mistake are you grateful for?
- Write about a happy memory
- Write about something that keeps you healthy.
- What holiday are you most grateful for?
- Favorite thing about the season you are in.
- What is your favorite day of the week?
- What helps you to relax?
- What have you overcome?
- What made you laugh this week?
- What part of your body is your favorite?
- What is your favorite meal?
- What do you love about your life?
Hopefully these 30 prompts ( a month’s worth) will help you start down the path to practicing gratitude every day consistently!
How to Start a Gratitude Journal
Cindi | aneasyjourney
Monday 5th of October 2020
Love your prompts! Perfect for dinner time conversation with the family. It really helps all of us to be reminded of all the many things that we have to be grateful for each day...even if it's only something small, our brains learn and before you know it. many more things to be grateful for become apparent! Thanks so much.