A lot of you asked me if I was going to do a photo challenge for November on Instagram.
Every November, I take on a personal project where I practice gratitude by taking a photo every day of the month of something that I am grateful for.
This year, I am taking that one step further and making an actual November Gratitude Journal.
I’m taking the photo and then writing what I am grateful for in a Traveler’s Journal.
It’s a way for me to be creative and to focus on what I do have rather than what I don’t have.
Practicing gratitude for what you do have actually trains our brains to be happy with where you are now. It makes you stop and appreciate what you have right now in the moment rather than what you don’t have.
If you want to participate, don’t worry that you are starting late.
Start today it’s simple:
- Record what you are grateful for. It can be something big or something small.
- Continue this for the rest of the month.
- Notice how good you feel on November 30th when you can look back and see how much you have to be grateful for.
If you want to make a November Gratitude Journal, here are the tools I am using
- My HP Sprocket to print my photos.
- The Camera I have with me ( iPhone, Canon M50 or my Canon 6DMark 2)
- A Date stamp
- Washi tape
- A Plain Traveler’s notebook
- Studio Calico’s November Traveler’s Notebook Kit
That’s it. I’m going to try to make a video showing the end product at the end of November. I can’t wait to see how it turns out!
This post contains affiliate links. If you click-through and make a purchase, I may receive a commission at no additional cost to you. Read more here.
Get Everyday Eyecandy in Your Inbox
Subscribe to get our latest content by email every week.