Having a child who has to eat gluten-free, I have to always be prepared. It has taken me a few years, but there are a few staples that I keep in my gluten free pantry. Now, keep in mind, that even though the best option for anyone who has to eat gluten-free is always to make things from scratch, as a working mom, I don’t have that kind of time. Through trial and lots of error, we’ve discovered our favorite products that ALL of us enjoy and that keep my baby safe at the same time.
*this post contains affiliate links*
So here are 10 things that you need in your gluten free pantry…..
1.Gluten Free Tamari: We eat a lot of stir fry because it’s quick and easy. I don’t know where we would be without my gluten-free Tamari, which is a type of soy sauce made without wheat. Which is perfect since Pookah is allergic to wheat
2.Cornstarch: For those times when you need a flour substitute for thickening ( and gravy, and baking), cornstarch is gluten free and PERFECT.
3. Gluten Free Barilla Pasta :I personally prefer Barilla Pasta because it has the exact same taste and texture as regular Barilla pasta. And pasta is a weekly meal around here.
4. Gluten Free Graham Crackers : Because they can be used as snacks on the go and lunch box fillers.
5. Gluten Free Bisquick Pancake and Baking Mix: Because pancakes and biscuits. As a working mom, I don’t always have time to make things from scratch. This mix is the perfect thing for my pantry. Especially for those nights when we want to have breakfast for dinner.
6. Pacific Gluten free chicken and/or beef stock: I love to keep this around for soups, cooking some vegetable and to give quiona some flavor. It’s hard to find an actual gluten free stock, but the Pacific brand happens to be gluten free and organic.
7.Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free Rolled Oats: Pookah eats oatmeal every morning before school. But I love using this to make gluten free granola, Gluten free apple crisps, gluten free cookies ….I could go on and on….
8. Gluten Free Chex Cereal : Because it’s one of the few cereals that is gluten free that we all like. I love that there are a variety of flavors for all of us. And PLUS, Gluten Free Chex leads to Gluten Free Chex Mix….#win
9. Pamela’s Gluten free All Purpose Flour: I love Pamela’s All purpose gluten free flour. In a perfect world, I would make my own, but seriously, I just don’t have time. I love the Pamela’s brand because there is no gritty feel, and no aftertaste. I use it for frying chicken, baking scones and bread, gravy, and as a thickening agent.
10. Smartfood White Chedder Popcorn: Because snacks. I can’t KEEP this popcorn in stock in our pantry.
There are a lot of other things that we keep in our gluten free pantry, but these are a few staples I think everyone should start with . What are some of the staples that you keep in yours?
Join Our Newsletter
Join to get the latest eyecandy, tips and resources in your inbox